Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Thoughts on the NBA

Since everyone else is starting in on the NBA, I figure I would wade in with both fists and give my opinion of the league nowadays. I absolutely hate the NBA, I used to try and watch every game, but now I always look for something else to watch, even now during the playoffs, I have yet to watch an entire game the whole season. I cannot just sit and watch after every foul the player whine and complain that they didnt do it, I say man up and admit when you did it, raise your hand like a man instead of acting like a kid and protesting. But this is just one of many problems that the NBA needs to figure out before they can get their reputation back. I am not going to say that I didnt complain when I played basketball, but it was not every foul, if I committed a foul I would raise my hand and say it was me. And I did not run toward the referee and get into their face and ask them what they called, I would usually just look at them and shake my head. But as a fan, this type of behavior from "grown" men is embarrassing and annoying.

Another thing that really ticks me off is the lack of defense that is played, and when I say lack, I mean practically never, nonexistent. There was one game back in March when the Phoenix Suns scored 152 points in one game. Does that not strike anyone else as weird, 152 points! Was there anyone even on the floor for the other team? I do enjoy watching college basketball because coaches and players give a crap about playing defense, while coaches in the NBA preach, lets score more points and not worry about stopping the other team. NBA players do not want to waste the energy playing defense when it can all be used on the offensive end. Also the laziness of players is apparent when it seems like every other play is a one player running into another defender, or a charge. I have always believed that if someone has to draw a charge, someone else on the team screwed up. Some one either blew an assignment or just got beat, either, way a charge is a cop out.

I do not even want to go into the amount of flopping that goes on in every game, I was watching part of the last Lakers game, and Derek Fisher, if even touched with a finger will flop and fall over and throw his hands up in the air, its disgusting.

I feel like this post has been a long time coming, I have felt this way for quite a while, but today when I read an article that talks about Kareem Abdul Jabbar and his feelings about the NBA today. The NBA is not something I will watch until they finally fix the problems, it is a league full of cry babies with no sense of accountability, and I cant stand it.

2 comments:

  1. Except for Kobe(greatest of all time) the NBA is boring. I was watching a playoff game the other day and six consecutive shooting fouls were called in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes, I agree that the NBA sucks, and I would rather watch college myself. Looking forward to more post. Your a great writer!

    ReplyDelete